Chani from Hello, Healthy here with some fabulous (and easy!) recipes. Hilary asked me to post for her while she is enjoying her beautiful bundle of joy and I was happy to oblige. For background, Hilary and I went to graduate school together!
Confession time. I’m actually pretty lazy in the kitchen. My husband does a lot of the cooking, probably because he’s pretty creative and comes up with delicious dishes. Mine aren’t bad…when I actually cook! I also like to cook a bunch and have leftovers (probably so I don’t need to cook again…see a pattern here?). That’s why the recipes I bring you today are perfect – not only are they super easy, but they make a lot too. And you only need one pan to bake everything – a muffin tin!
Without further ado, here are 2 recipes – a lunch/dinner, and a dessert! These were done by trial and error, let’s just say that!
Muffin Tin Pizza Bites
Serves 6 (2 pizza bites per serving)
3-4 whole wheat tortillas
1 can pizza sauce (there will be extra if you’re not doing a double batch)
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
Mozzarella cheese (or, alternative, pizza blend cheese) – the amount depends on how cheesy you like your pizza!
Pizza toppings (mini pepperoni, veggies, etc. – whatever you like on your pizza!)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Spray a 12 count muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay your tortillas out on a flat surface, and using a cookie cutter, can edge, or overturned glass, cut out 3-4 circles from the tortillas (I was able to get 4 out of the tortillas I used). Repeat until you have 12 circles.
- Place the circles in the muffin tin. They need to fit snugly in the tin.
- In a bowl, combine half a can of pizza sauce and the Parmesan. Mix well.
- Place approximately 1 to 1 ½ tablespoons of the cheesy sauce mixture in each muffin tin. Cover with mozzarella.
- Top with your chosen pizza toppings.
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
Peanut Butter Cup Muffin Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen cookies
1 ½ cups all purpose flour
¾ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
½ cup butter, slightly softened
1 cup peanut butter (I used smooth, but you can use chunky if you’d like)
1 cup sugar (plus extra for coating)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 bag miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (yes, there will be extra. Yes, it’s okay to eat them.)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt with a wire whisk; set aside.
- Beat peanut butter and butter together until well mixed. Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla to peanut butter mixture.
- Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture; combine well.
- Roll dough into 1 to 1 ½ inch balls and roll in sugar to coat. If you’re not using a mini muffin tin, make the balls slightly bigger.
- Press rolled balls into the muffin tin (you don’t need to use liners, but you can if you’d like)
- Place an unwrapped peanut butter cup into each piece of dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then let cool.